Saturday, March 27, 2010

A SIGN OF SPRING

Whenever I think of Spring I always think of budding flowers, baby birds, butterflies, and newborn lambs.  Until this day I had never seen newly born lambs, only ones a few months old.  Today a friend let me go to his home to see his lambs which were born a few days ago.  I was amazed at how small they were and their lack of wool!!  I was thrilled to get to take my camera and snap some photographs.  The lambs and ewes are a bit skittish, so I could not get too close to them.  My friend, Lars, made an attempt to grab one so that I might get a chance to see it up close and pet it, but they move faster than we old folk in our 50's!!  Now I want to share the best photographs of the little lambs with you all.
BAAAA!  Who are you?





Some hungry little lambs!

Baa! Baa! Black sheep,  when will you have wool?


Smile for the photographer...now eat!!
Notice the muscles on the little white one! Looks like it is wearing socks!
Ane here is a shot of a herd of lambs.

I thought they were adorable.  Wish I could share their cute bleatings as well!
I am happy to have had this experience, another Springtime moment, thanks to Lars!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to watch them when they get just so full of excitement about being alive and they don't know what to do with themselves. They flign themselves into the air, the legs go this way and that withot any coordination and they just wiggle with happiness. Does Lars sell his fleeces? Ask him if you can watch a shearing sometime. It's fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that is the cutest thing I've seen all week!

    ReplyDelete