Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A NEW ANGEL IN HEAVEN




On Friday, August 16th, my sweet niece Jessica, passed on and is now in heaven watching over all who loved her.  Jessica was only 36 years old.  Jessica was such a beautiful girl inside and out, always caring and tender and filled with love for all those in her life. 

Jessica on her daddy's lap with her mother looking on.
 
One Halloween Jessica had no costume, so my mother and I made her one--
she was the centerpiece of her own picnic table.  
Jessica always had a lovely smile and laughing eyes.
One time Jessica wanted to wear my swim suit top, so with a lot of manipulation 
I managed to get it to stay on her.
Jessica was a beautiful woman, in and out, and always cared for everyone in her life.  
She adored John (aka Spook) and her daughter, Emma Rose.
After my husband died, Jessica kept telling me that she wanted me to be happy; 
to hold on to all of the good memories, but be happy.
"You deserve it, Aunt Rose."
I will greatly miss my little Jessica.
This song is for Jessica and all who loved her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIAQCiMIEEQ

 TO WHERE YOU ARE sung by Josh Groban
Who can say for certain?
Maybe you're still here
I feel you all around me
Your memories so clear
Deep in the stillness
I can hear you speak
You're still an inspiration
Can it be
That you are my forever love
And you are watching over me from up above?
Fly me up to where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile
To know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are
Are you gently sleeping
Here inside my dream?
And isn't faith believing?
All power can't be seen
As my heart holds you
Just one beat away
I cherish all you gave me
Everyday
'Cause you are my forever love
Watching me from up above
And I believe that angels breathe
And that love will live on and never leave
Fly me up to where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile
To know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are
I know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely eulogy. Such a tender tribute. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rose, how sorry I am to hear of your loss. Jessica's photos and your remembrances of her make her death seem so personal to all of us. How unfair such things seem when young people, who have so much to live for, are taken. I am sure your presence in her life gave her joy and the security of loving support. Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your lovely niece, Jessica. What a beautiful memorial you have put together for your beloved niece. Love, Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia Lichen has left a new comment on your post "A NEW ANGEL IN HEAVEN":

    It's so difficult to accept the death of someone so young and so well loved. My thoughts are with you and your family, and especially her dear little daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely tribute, Rose. Moma

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is incredible Rose! Jessica would love it! Thank you so much for sharing. nichole

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry, my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The passing of somebody much too young is terribly sad. My condolences, friend, at your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry for your loss, Rose.
    Mary Jean R.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry about the loss of your niece Jessica. Thank you for sharing the photos of her on your blog.



    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rose, what a wonderful and touching tribute to your beautiful niece Jessica. My heart goes out to all who loved her and will miss her more than words can possibly convey.
    Hugs
    Rose

    ReplyDelete

  12. So sorry to hear about your niece, our condolences goes out to you and your family! I know God will give you the strength you need to get through yet another storm in your life. I will be praying for you and your family.
    Diane & Chuck T.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh - I'm so sorry to hear about your niece's passing... What a lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete