I had become aware of the fact that my home was not cooling but rather getting hotter. I was on the phone to my mother and decided to check the thermostat and saw it was 89 degrees inside--too hot. So I went to the door and listened and realized I could not hear the unit outside on, so I went out to look and saw smoke and ash coming out of the box on the wall for the A/C unit. Needless to say, I got a little panicky. The box was hot to touch so I ran in hanging up with my mom, and looking at the main electrical box for if something should be turned off! Then as I was doing that I called Christina and asked if her husband could come take a look and make sure I am doing it right. I know I must have sounded upset. He came and looked at it and was surprised at how burned it was, and he turned off more things in the electrical box as so many marked for things we could not understand. Better safe than sorry!
Now I just have to deal with the insurance company and the electrical company to arrange repair.
Both fuses inside were melted! The Lord was looking out for me and made me go check!