Tuesday, January 29, 2019

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RANDY!

Saturday, January 26th, was my boyfriends birthday so I took Randy to the Evergreen Air and Space Museum. He had always wanted to go there and he loves planes. It is located in McMinnville, OR. I remembered to ask if they give an AAA discount on the senior price and--ta da!--they do! 
I usually forget to ask.
They have one building which houses the planes, including the humongous Spruce Goose.  Another building houses the space vehicles and history.  A third building has a theater which shows half hour films of various kinds all day, which we did not have enough time to see. We got there around 1 p and they close at 5, so I highly recommend at least 6 hours for more time to enjoy it all. Here are some of the photos I took. Could not possibly post all of them! I forgot my camera that day so all photos were taken with my cell phone before it ran out of energy! Enjoy!!
The Spruce Goose is huge and dwarfs the other planes! This is just the wing! The plane is made out of wood! Howard Hughes created it. We paid a little extra for a tour of the cockpit.
Here we are!
Here is Randy. Like the Scottish plaid on the jet!
Notice the miniture versions of some of the planes! Some were just models and some were radio control planes like my father made.
I love the look of biplanes.
Another mini model.
Little model
I will post photos from the Space part of the museum in another post since there are a lot of photographs here! Next post we are off to outer space!

6 comments:

  1. That would be an aircraft lovers dream place. My hubby would have loved it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish it was closer to us to take all the boys!
    Thanks for sharing. Marie France

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool place to visit! He looks like he had a good time with a great lady! Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were great pictures, Rose! Thanks for posting them. I also like the look of the biplanes—but I especially loved the picture of the plane with the teddy bear pilot! Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots of all those planes! And hoping you all had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun place to visit, I love all types of airplanes!🚠🚡🚀

    ReplyDelete