Tuesday, October 29, 2019

PART 3 OF MANHATTAN NEW YORK TRIP continued

We took a walk to go to see the Intrepid ship. So large I could not get it all in one shot no matter how far I backed up!
 Sarah posed with her dad, Randy.
From our room I took pics of the architectural pieces I could see.

We visited part of Central Park and saw Belvedere Castle.
 Info on the building
Throughout Central Park I noticed lovely architectural pieces!
 There is a bridge that created such a lovely viewpoint.
And in the evening a lovely sky!
Rock like this is throughout the park and people enjoy it.
 Statuary is scattered throughout the 3 sections of this huge park. I would have loved to see it all!
Also planters worthy of a castle!
Of course, they have the carriage rides you can take. Strict regulations on the care of horses and use in park.
 A lovely fountain was an enormous centerpiece in one area!
 In one area of a lake you can paddle around in a boat.
 This statue is called The Falconer. Here is Eric, Sarah's hubby, with the pooches!
 A memorial built to honor John Lennon in Central Park and you can see his apartment from here.
It is close to where he was shot and killed.
Randy and I in the park overlooking fountain. 
This is me.
Sarah and Eric. Aevyn is in the blue carrier Sarah is wearing.
 Such a lovely couple.
Here is Randy and I in front of the Museum of Natural History.
 
I adored Central Park and could have spent at least 2 days exploring!
New Yorkers have a treasure here.
The best part of the whole trip was meeting Randy's family.

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic trip. You're right; family is what it's all about, and Randy's family is darling. So happy to see you filled with joy and happiness; you deserve it. Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. It does look like a great place to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos. You seem to see more than the usual person! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randy says I open his eyes and heart to so much.

      Delete
  4. All the pictures are wonderful and I love that you got to see Randy's daughter and son in law and family. What a cute little family. Glad you had such a fun trip.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I particularly admire Imagine, I hadn't known about that memorial. Thanks for sharing,
    MaryJean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the best of the Beatles songs. Loved spending time with Randys family.

      Delete