Sunday, August 23, 2020

A POEM I WROTE

 This poem is about memories and holding on to them.

REMEMBERING

 My fingers stroll through the photographs. I recall

each moment that has been frozen in time.

I spread them out, recall each perfect memory,

its laughter, its color, its sweetness; sleepy

lakes where we camped and fished, sat observing

dragonflies and birds drop in and out of view.

Scenes of us glide through my mind - ambling

alongside free-spirited rivers, squirrels nattering

as we build a pine cone sculpture

to mark our passing through this place.

Cedar tree aromas embellish the air as we journey.

Poplars huddle in one space, as if in deep discussion,

and I whisper that I imagine the trees plotting,

exchanging rumors; we laugh together.

We wind among nodding ferns, looming trees,

dancing shadows, silently savor what God has formed,

enjoy the comforting influence upon us.

Shimmering webs mesmerize us, spongy blankets

of moss yield at our touch. As I fondle the moss,

you lean in and kiss my neck, whisper that you love me,

 and the world stops.

 

My mind now softly draws out memories

like a silk thread as I finger each photograph;

rich opalescent moments captured

by my camera and my mind’s eye.

Saffron dawns light up the morning sky,

softened sunsets stir my soul,

my memories illuminate my heart.

 

Rose Lefebvre©

15 comments:

  1. Paradise with a lover and God as companions. So beautiful and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romance, beautifully shared. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful writing, Rose! 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sensuous, loving trip through time and events. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness for pictures to keep our memories alive.  Lovely poem, Rose!


    Moma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely poem, Rose. I can see so much of similar scenes in my own memories.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was beautiful Rose. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful words. I can see the pictures in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you shared this with us, Rose. I miss hearing your poems;
    I hope you'll share more,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rose. What an exquisite poem. So sensitive and tender. Thanks for sharing. Love, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rose, thank you for sharing your lovely memories and poem and photos!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the lovely poem, Rose. Very evocative. Ron

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved your poem, Rose! Sharon

    ReplyDelete