Saturday, October 3, 2009

PROUD TO BE LIKE MOM

The photograph to the left is of my mother as a young girl.
Below it one of her now.
The one on the right is of me as a young girl, and below of me now.

Throughout my life people have often commented,"You look just like your mom." Of course, when you are young you do not want to hear that! Look like my mom! She's OLD! I don't look like an old lady!!


We take it literally and not figuratively. But through the years I have had to admit to the similarities (the nose being the unfortunate one and we blame her father for it!).
Now my dad would say we are also similar in the gift of gab, but we argue that point! I am proud to say I am like my mother because she is one of the kindest, most caring people I know. My mother has always been there for her friends and family. If you needed a hug, a shoulder to cry on, help cleaning your home, whatever...my mother would do what she could for you, and she continues in this way. Whenever people give me a comment by saying I am nice or kind or patient, I quietly thank my mother for instilling that in me. I am happy to be like my mom.

4 comments:

  1. You certainly inherited the kindness gene. But where did you get that naughty streak?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, you are very kind and also patient. And you're lucky to have such a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great posts! Isn't it great to have such a legacy in our lives.

    Mom's and Dad's, the real - let us cultivate our naughty streak!

    ReplyDelete