- the names of all continents both start and end with the same letter.
- that a giraffe can clean its ears with its 21 inch tongue. (Wonder if Gene Simmons can do this?)
- macadamia nuts are toxic to dogs. (Chocolate is as well)
- dreamt is the only word that ends in mt.
- apples are more effective at waking you up in the morning than coffee. (Does apple juice count?)
- a cat has 32 muscles in each ear. (we only have 6)
- cats have a peripheral vision of 285 degrees. (No wonder I cannot sneak up on mine)
- cats spend 66% of their life asleep. (Yawn)
- cats have over 100 vocal chord sounds. (And only speak when they want something)
- a 1 minute kiss burns 26 calories. (Ladies, let the kissing begin!!)
- a group of frogs is called an army. (I think several armies of them live in the pond by my house!)
- domestic cats dislike citrus scents. (I will have to try this near my planters!)
- cats can jump up to 7 times their tail length. (What about the Manx?)
- Pearls melt in vinegar. (Takes a while but does happen.)
- only female mosquitoes bite. (I know all the men out there will have a comment about this one!)
- Bali has the worlds largest variety of flora. (Would be great to go there with my camera!)
- Halley's comet passes the Earth every 76 years. The next time it will return will be 2062. (Darn! I think I will miss it.)
- the Eiffel Tower has 1,792 steps. (One reason why I will only look up at it, never down from it.)
- as of 2008 there have been 138 pyramids found throughout Egypt.
- the average bed contains over 6 billion dust mites. (Well, I will have bad dreams tonight!)
- Earth is the only planet not named after a god.
- a house fly lives only 14 days. (Sometimes I swear one has bugged me for at least a month!)
- an annoyed camel will spit at a person. (So don't go teasing the camels.)
- the heaviest crustacean ever found was a lobster weighing 42 lb, caught in 1934. (It would have fed quite a few people!)
- the tallest waterfalls in the world are Angel Falls in Venezuela. at 3,212 ft., which is 3 times taller than the Empire State Building. (Wow)
- The pleasant feeling of eating chocolate is caused by a chemical called anadamide, a neurotransmitter which also is produced naturally in the brain. (We woman all have experienced this)
- During the Battle of Waterloo, Lord Uxbridge had his horse shot from under him 9 times. (Someone should have set the horses free!)
- All the planets in the solar system rotate counterclockwise except Venus. It is the only planet that rotates clockwise. (Of course, she had to be different!)
- 80% of millionaires drive second-hand cars.(Duesenbergs, Butattis, Alfa Romeos, Jaguars, Lamborghinis, ...)
- 2 billion videos are watched per day on YouTube. (Geesh, who is filming them all?)
- An exocannibal eats only enemies. An indocannibal eats only friends. (what about those who eat no one?)
- Lightning strikes men about seven times more often than it does women. (Makes me think the Lord is maybe sending a message)
- Zoroastrianism is known as the world’s oldest prophetic religion. It was started some 8,000 years ago by Zarathustra, who claimed his god, Aton, as the only god; 700 years before the Jews became total monotheists and 1 300 years before the time of Jesus.
- Do you know the names of the three wise monkeys? They are: Mizaru (See no evil), Mikazaru (Kikazaru – Hear no evil), and Mazaru (Iwazaru – Speak no evil). (I never knew they had names!)
- A fathom is 6 feet
Monday, April 30, 2012
DID YOU KNOW...
Did you know...
Posted by Rose L