It got me to thinking about recipes to make it myself. This is from the food editor of HGTV.
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups steaming hot water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- Ice cubes for serving
Obviously you would probably at least triple recipe for more people.
Then I decided to search for other lemonades. I found Blueberry Lemonade:
- 3 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups cold water
- Ice cubes
Place the blueberries and sugar in a blender and puree. Place the lemon juice and water in a pitcher and strain the pureed blueberries through a mediummesh sieve into the pitcher. Stir well and pour into tall ice-filled glasses. Serves 4.
And Bing Cherry Lemonade!
Bing Cherry LemonadeA new version of an old favorite.
Ingredients 1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 pound fresh bing cherries, washed and pitted (about 2 cups)
1 cup fresh lemon juice
6 cups cold water
Mint sprigs for garnish
Heat sugar and 1 cup water in a small pot until sugar dissolves. Add 1 cup bing cherries, bring to a boil and boil until the cherries begin to soften, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Strain cooled bing cherry syrup into a large pitcher, pressing on the cherries to release their juice. Add lemon juice and cold water. Stir in remaining cherries. Pour over ice and garnish with fresh mint.
Makes 2 quarts
Then one really different:
- 6 medium ripe banana, peeled and quartered
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (chilled)
- 2 cups chilled water
- 18 -24 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 18 ice cubes
- 6 slices lemon
- Add the first 4 ingredients to the container of an electric blender.
- Cover and process on high speed until mixture is smooth.
- Pour into chilled glass; add ice cubes (as many as you want or will fit into your glass) Garnish with lemon slice. Serves 6.