Thursday, May 18, 2017

NATURE "BATHING"

The death of my father-in-law hit me hard. One day I needed to get out in nature to"bathe" in its calming effect.  It always helps me to calm and renew and think when I take time with the natural settings of our world.  So I found a short hike that was rated easy right across the river in West Linn, OR called Camissa Park.  It was a mile if you do not go off on other pathways and stick to the main one. I knew I would be slow with my cane and camera and did not mind. I had plenty of time. The Camissa flower was blooming in multitude as well as several other blue, purple, yellow and white varieties. I do not know what the others were, but it made for lovely color and scent.
It was lovely and peaceful, not many other hikers to encounter.
It is a pretty and scented flower which seemed to be in two shades of blue. The bees and butterflies loved darting through the area.
Here you can see the Camissa as well as other pink and purple flowers. Gorgeous! I was told the time I was there was the peak of the blooming.
This plant was unique and I had to get close-up of it.
This flower reminded me of a viola but know it was not.
The white flowers with the Camissa reminded me of a clover.
Wild roses were also growing!
This one I had never seen before. Very delicate and star-like.
At one spot I could see Mt. Hood, still snow covered, off in the distance, framed perfectly by the mossy tree. 
Here is a better shot of Mt. Hood off in the distance. I love the variation of the color of the trees.
These flowers are not blackberry flowers, but another star-like tiny kind.
Now continue the walk in thoughtful, peaceful silence and hear the sounds of birds, breeze, and buzzing insects.
The walk was good for me, my first little hike for quite a while!
I hope to do more as I strengthen.
My heart felt much better and my soul was lifted.
I hope you enjoyed it.

17 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! What a wonderful walk you had. Thank you for sharing the peaceful beauty of it. My heart has been made lighter and my soul lifted by this post.

    Our God is an awesome God.

    Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful pictures! You have such an erring eye for beauty and your composition is amazing. So glad you were able to take that winding walk among the trees, flowers, and, well, Nature with a capital N. Thanks for sharing. Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, peaceful and restorative shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a refreshing walk. Love the color and your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of these would make lovely paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blessing for you. And what a tonic. It will be interesting to return at different times of the year and enjoy the changes. Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, thanks for posting. Carrol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Scenes like that are sure to lift the spirit and warm the heart.Thanks for sharing these beautiful, peaceful scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to see you up and around, even though slowly. I'm in a full arm cast for a few more weeks, due to a broken wrist, so I now know the feeling of helplessness and depending on others. Thank God for my precious husband. Thank God for your precious friends. Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rose, I'm so proud of you. I hope you didn't get too tired. And what gorgeous pictures. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like those pictures you took, especially the one of Mt. Hood. It reminds me of Mt. Saint Helen in Washington State. I love that State. Appreciate the awesome pictures. Steve P.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness what a beautiful spot! Your photos are lovely! I feel the same about nature.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pictures are gorgeous! It's great that you're back doing short hikes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are as beautiful as Your pictures and they bring me much joy when I can't get out and see them myself. I think you take such wonderful pics and am always looking for the small suprises such as the insects and other small things in your pictures. Nature has many and you seem to see them while most of us miss them. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your father-in-law. I hope the day out helped you. I know how calming it is to be out in nature, away from the stresses of life at least for a little while. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rose, so glad you got out for a restorative walk. Your photos are amazing and I can see how being there in person was just food for the soul. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It would be nice if you asked your mother in law to visit you and then you both could take the walk together healing both of your hearts and spirits. You have both suffered enough this year. God Bless both of you. Your god spirit.

    ReplyDelete