Saturday, December 21, 2013

CHRISTMAS AT PORTLAND'S PITTOCK MANSION

On Friday, Dec. 13th (did not realize the date at the time!) I went with my friends Lisa and Beth to visit Pittock Mansion, a historic home here in Oregon.  It was all decorated for Christmas.  Of course, I took LOTS of photographs but cannot post them all (a little over 200) so will post a few to let you see the holiday decor.
 
Some rooms have ceilings that are gold-leafed so they provide a warm glow to the lighting.
 
Windows have unique woodwork.
 This dressed up swan caught my eye. Santa with his list is adorable.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed the view of their Christmas decor. I will show some of the special features of the mansion in a post in the future.
Merry Christmas!



13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a absolutely gorgeous place to visit, and take photos.

    Merry Christmas to you too.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing a great holiday outing...I saw how you sneaked a picture of Beth and Lisa into the show! You are so clever. Loved it! Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love visiting large mansions, and have visited some decorated for Christmas in Riverside, Redlands & Big Bear. Lots of fun! Beautiful pictures! Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a feast for the eyes! I bet the people doing the decorating had a ball. It's so festive and opulent. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How good of you to share your photos with us. The Christmas colors and staging seem to stir atavistic memories of a past we likely never lived, but somehow remember! Nice mirror shot that captures Beth and Lisa! Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely , lovely. What a treat to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow-what a grand place! Merry Christmas :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures. Merry Christmas! Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rose you really did beautifully capture the magnificence of the Mansion with your photography. You should be very (justifiably) pleased. What a place!
    (That staircase!!) I have a thing for them you see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL (as ALWAYS!!) Rose! Thank you for including me in your emailing. I am so grateful to you for your kindness, love and support. You are an angel. Always -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a very merry Christmas, Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing that. I love the bears around the tree and
    enjoying tea, lol. It's all very beautiful or whimsical or just plain cute. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete