Saturday, August 12, 2017

A THING FOR FOG AND MYSTERY

Another poem on how I visualize a foggy scene.


Love Poem for Fog  

Towering firs stand suspended
within your moist arms, needles weeping
tears to the ferned earth below.
The path dreamily disappears,
swallowed into your misty mouth.
My imagination drifts beyond
the luxuriant waterfall fringed
by hazy waves of softened gray.
Rivers flow sleepily, tranquilly
into your indistinguishable silhouette.
The opaque view echoes Oriental paintings
where fog obscures landscape
leaving imagination to fill it in
like a mysterious puzzle.
Eyes strain to visualize what is hidden
Within the shadowy display.
Ancient worlds lay beyond your quiet curtain,
worlds where bow and arrow exist
and imagination is ascribed upon stone.

4 comments:

  1. I live in an area where fog is very common in fall or spring. I always say that is one of the reasons why Brittany has so many legends. I think you did a great job at capturing the way fog can makes us feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that dense fog in my mind as I read these words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Rose. I can imagine myself in this misty world! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete