Sunday, June 21, 2020

BASKETT SLOUGH NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE

Randy and I had an escape June 18th to go to Baskett Slough near Salem and enjoy nature.  We rarely saw anyone.  Most just drove by. I snapped photographs of our adventure and here they are to share!
As with most wildlife refuges, dogs are not allowed!
We saw a blue heron!
Caught him flying off as well.
Wild flowers and trees all around. 
And various ducks.
A little hummer came to the wildflowers.
We saw and heard many red-winged blackbirds.
We enjoyed our escape.
THE END

14 comments:

  1. How fun Rose to be able to get out and be in such a beautiful place. We need these escapes every once in awhile.
    Have a great start to the new week.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to see nature’s wonders in Oregon!
    Moma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always am so thankful to see and enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. A true refuge for wildlife and for those who enjoy their beauty. Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is the oriole. Thanks for sharing
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. You continue to amaze me with your beautiful photographic tours! Thank you for sharing them with us. Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rose, I love nature, too, and always enjoy your photos.
    What camera do you use?
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a Nikon 3100. Older model but works for me.

      Delete
  7. These pictures show a beautiful place. I could only imagine how many pictures I would take.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great day of nature! I'm impressed at how well you capture birds in flight!

    ReplyDelete