Thursday, August 27, 2020

ANOTHER POEM

 I wrote this poem when Randy and I first started seeing each other.

SUNRISE

This morning as I flung open the curtains,

their rings hissing across the rod,

you greeted me in your flowing negligee of fog,

trees silhouetted against your bosom,

the muted sun crowning your feathery head.

 

You emerged, gracefully teased, tossed

away gossamer veils, exposed colors

dazzling with radiant orange and reds.

I slid succulent sweet grapes across

my tongue, tantalizing and delectable.

 

My stride was buoyant as I move -

feed felines, shower, brush teeth and hair,

whisper a prayer. Chiming sounds lure me,

treasured soul reaching out to mine,

my heart delighted by the concise message--

 

Just checking in on you. Sent photos on messenger.

You fill my waking with delightful surprises.

Perfect beginning to this silky day.

 Rose Lefebvre ©


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Rose. I hope you will keep these and publish them in a book to have them all together. Happy Thursday Eve.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see the poet is back in all her splendor! Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silky day indeed. Here's to more such days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose, another delightful poem! Lovely images, feelings, and thoughts.  Thank you once again.  Love, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell the excitement of the love there. Sharon

    ReplyDelete