Monday, November 23, 2020

FEATHERED FRIENDS DINING OUTSIDE MY WINDOWS

 I have enjoyed the challenge of photographing the birds!
Having the feeders in the yard helps draw then near so I can get the photos.
I may not be so lucky getting these shots out in the wild!
We get quite a few Juncos here.
Of course, we see the hummingbirds regularly.
A few ring-necked doves come to the water. 
And stellar jays have started to visit the suet!
Woodpeckers and chickadees also visit.
Caught in flight!
Downy woodpecker 
I believe this is a finch. His mouth is full!
Another finch I believe.
Finches!
Flickers like the suet and sometimes go to the seed feeder!
I really like the tiny nuthatches.
I think this might be a pine siskin.
Not sure what this bird is.
BUSHTITS! They travel in a gang.
Finch
Flicker
Hummingbird
That is my rogues gallery!
I hope you enjoy the photos.

19 comments:

  1. great seeing these birds. I love sitting in front of the feeders watching the activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Rose, your rogues gallery is splendid !!!!!!!!!
    Those close-up photos are excellent! Thank you.
    With love, Paulann Petersen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Rose. It’s not easy to photograph birds.
    Mary Jean Rivera

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing and such beautiful colors!!

    Hope you enjoy a very safe but Happy Thanksgiving!
    Love Marie France

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have quite a variety of visitors. They are beautiful. Orice

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful photos, Rose! You have a fine eye, and a good telephoto lens. My faves are the flickers! Hope you and Randy have a good (quiet and safe) Thanksgiving. Pastor John

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rose, a miracle has happened! I've opened your blog when I'd been denied access for ages! Hurrah! Loving your beautiful bird photos! Keep up the good work, dear artist! Alice L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rose those photos were stunning!
    I so enjoyed being here and visiting with you and drinking in all that beauty.
    Thank you for sharing your surroundings with us.
    I trust you are doing well and enjoying life around you in all its splendor and beauty~
    God's blessings be upon you~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning pictures Rose! Thank you so much for sharing! Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos, Rose! I'm impressed you can capture hummingbirds so well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rose you capture birds so well. Just gorgeous pictures. You need to put all of these in a book. It would be a bestseller. Happy Thanksgiving. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a feast for my computer-tired eyes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great photos, Rose, Thanks for sharing. We have feeders in our yard too and always enjoy the variety of birds that come for the seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rose,
    I love your bird pics! Carina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful bird pictures and what a variety! Thank you.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is one chubby little hummingbird! You must keep him well fed. I love all th photos! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. What incredible photos!! Thank you for sending this. You did a masterful job of photographing all of these beautiful birds! Sarah A

    ReplyDelete