Monday, February 23, 2015

CHANGING IT UP

I have this oak dining table that my husband and I had for about 30 years.  Since his death, I was torn about it as it was the first big piece of furniture we bought for our first home we owned.  It was a dark oat table which had suffered water damage the last 2 years of his life. I did not like how dark it was.
It was very dark compared to my new chairs, as you can see.  I found Stephanie who redid the top.
 BEFORE                                                                   AFTER
What an amazing difference!  She made me happy!  Now the table can be around for a few more years!  And it looks so much better with the chairs!
You can see some of her work here:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reclaimed-by-Schultz/1502887263307784?fref=photo
She is very reasonable and is always creating and selling things!
She also redid 2 nightstands I had bought.  I forgot to take BEFORE shots of them, so can only tell you that they were a plain wood with dings and scratches. I asked her to make them white and shedid a light stencil on them, which I love! It is hard to see as my flash washed out the color, but they are done in a pale pink to go with the daybed, which has pink roses on it.
 
So far the dining room and kitchen, the entryway, the guest bedroom, the master, and both bathrooms have had their walls painted. The ceiling in the dining room, kitchen, entry, and living room ceilings were also painted.   EVENTUALLY it all will be done!

20 comments:

  1. Talk about a major makeover. That table looks ten years younger!! Stephanie does wonderful work. What a treasure she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table is beautiful,as are the nightstands.In my opinion you can't go wrong with pink roses on anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose, your table is just beautiful. What a gorgeous job Stephanie did for you. Love the night stands too. So pretty.
    It's always fun to give old pieces a new life!!
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I refinished a dresser last year and patted myself on the back, but I wouldn't have had a clue where to start on that table. It looks fantastic. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow these table and chairs and side cupboards have come up a treat! like new!
    Have a great weekend ahead and thank you for stopping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one very talented woman...and your table, it's gorgeous!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. The work on the table really lightened up the whole area.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the table is perfect for the chairs now Rose. (and it's kinda nice to keep it too) so the painting is progressing really well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rose, Your table looks awesome! You will really enjoy it. I like the wainscoting you have added too, and your pretty wall colors. I can tell you are having a lot of fun decorating your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rose, it's all coming along so nicely. Love the table and the nightstands are so sweet! The stencil is just perfect. Sounds like you have a lot accomplished. I have not been getting e-mail notifications of your posts. Glad I hopped over!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rose, I am whizzing round catching up on blogs and have missed some of your posts. glad your mum is ok now. You certainly have found a very talented lady to sort your furniture out - she has probably saved you a fortune in revamping your table/cupboards - the table is an amazing transformation from that dark wood - I would never have thought it possible. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I might actually avoid my wife's annual painting project this year. She hasn't mentioned it and I'm not about to bring it up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the lighter shade on the table, it makes the whole room brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dining table turned out great! It has been given a new lease on life:) Love the rose stenciling, it is so pretty and oh so feminine!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rose, you have been one busy lady! Lovely transformations - everything looks beautiful. So glad to hear your Mom is doing well. Thanks for your sweet visit. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's always nice to be able to transform what we already have. Now you can enjoy everything for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! What a difference in that table!

    ReplyDelete