Thursday, January 26, 2017

KINDNESS OF BELOVED FRIENDS

I had the bad luck of my computer, which was quite old, dying on me yesterday afternoon as I was downloading the information for my new $60 printer (old one died a few days before)  While it was downloading, I was editing a poem I had been working on and eager to be able to print out and share at my writers group meeting.  Then there was a click and the screen went black. It had died and was holding the disk for the new printer hostage inside!
I got in touch with a computer whiz who is a friend and he told me how to get the hostage disk out.  Did you know that there is a tiny hole on the side by the disk drive in which you can stick something pointy inside (I used A needlepoint needle) and it will eject the disk.  I had not known that and apparently several of my friends did not either.
I was telling friends in the writers group of my dismal circumstance and hoping I might be able to see if Sears sells laptops as I have a credit card I have not used in years. I thought maybe I could use it if they do.
This evening one of my friends (not sure she wants her name mentioned) called and said she and her husband wanted to come by to bring me a couple plants and visit and eat their McDonald's meal here.
I was thinking how nice she wanted to visit and perhaps cheer up my evening.  I was so surprised and happy.
To make a long story short, she and her hubby brought me 2 plants and a new laptop computer! I was so surprised and so touched by such kindness to this old lady.  The ate their meals and helped me figure out how to get it connected to the internet and do some other things on it.
I still cannot get over the wonderful surprise and the kind caring. She informed me that another friend is also involved in this kindness.  I am so blessed with good, caring, loving people in my life.
God will grace them for their wonderful act!!
A Post script added: I was informed that others who I know through my women writers group also donated to provide me with this new computer.  I am so grateful to them all for such a wonderful act of kindness.  I thank God for such wonderful kind friends.

13 comments:

  1. Rose, you are so blessed by your friends because you are such a friend to others. Praise the Lord for their kindness! Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose, so wonderful that you have such dear friends! I'm sure that you are a dear friend to them as well.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tremendous blessing that is.I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to get a new computer. This is so gracious and giving. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a loving and kind person and deserve this act of kindness. JT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful story dear Rose. God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Rose, this just makes me so happy! Such beautiful people in this world - so kind and good. You certainly deserve to have a little kindness in your life. xx K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rose,
    You have such wonderful and kind friends. I'm so happy for you! What a fabulous gift! Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rose, this post has restored my faith in the kindness of others. What special friends you have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rose, how special to receive such a wonderful and needed gift in the new computer. You are a special lady and God blessed you with dear friends that were happy to help in this way. I am so very happy for you.
    Enjoy your new computer and may God Bless you with many wonderful hours of writing as you bless others. Happy Valentine's Day.
    Hugs, xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. The love of God has been poured out into your life, my that is such a beautiful group of people you are friends with. What a blessing.
    I so enjoyed reading this post.
    Enjoy your new laptop.

    Bless you~~

    ReplyDelete
  12. What generous and wonderful friends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What wonderful friends you have, Rose! That was very kind of them :)

    I loved your pictures of the hummingbird. I hope the little one found shelter somewhere.

    Stay warm!

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete