Sunday, January 2, 2022

I NEVER DREAMED OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS!

 Early Christmas day we woke to white!  Even the squirrels seemed surprised by it all.
At least we had no where to go so we snuggled in at home and took in the views.
Now I can share those photographs with you!
I did go out for a short time and built a small 18 inch tall snow person atop the glass patio table.
Randy had left a pitchfork out and it looked funny to me piercing the snow.
I also viewed the birds continuing their visits to the feeders in the snow.
I call our juncos chunkos as they are well fed and show it!
At one point the two squirrels chased each other around and up a tree.
We only got about 6 inches and it lasted just a few days, which was long enough for me!
Now we are starting a new year.
My prayers and hopes are for joy, peace, health and lots of love in
everyone's life.
And I pray for COVID to be gone and suffering to end.

12 comments:

  1. Happy Snowy Christmas and New Years! When yours melts I will send trailer loads to replace it. Have a wonderful, blessed 2022, Rose. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. I’m glad you enjoyed the snow. 

    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish we just had a white Christmas and then it all melts away. Nope we continue to have white snow for the next three to four months. If you would like more we would be happy to send you some more lol! Happy New Year. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...from afar, says a So Cal friend! Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! I especially like the one of the red twigs in front of snow-covered branches, against a blue blue blue sky!

    Happy New Year, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty snow scenes. Even though we have snow for month, I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. You are such a gifted photographer, Rose. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly a glorious winter wonderland. So different to our century heat at Christmas here! I have always dreamed that one day I might have a white Christmas It looks like the little birds are enjoying your bird feeders. Wishing you and yours a wonderful 2022. Stay safe. And thank you so much for your visits to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy your photographs! I also pray for a much healthier and happier 2022. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Rose :) your snow person is delightful, they have such a smiley face. The little green bird is beautiful, I haven't seen one like that before. I wish you all the best and more for 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe the hummingbird! Chunco junco is funny! We just got 10" last Friday, and over an inch of rain yesterday (Sunday) which melted most of it. I'm not sorry! But your evergreens look beautiful with the snow on them.
    Happy New Year, Rose.

    ReplyDelete