Tuesday, February 21, 2023

A DAY AT RIDGEFIELD WILDLIFE REFUGE

 February 11, 2023 Randy and I took a trip to Washington to Ridgefield Wildlife Refuge.  Good day to escape and get out to view nature.  I was hoping to see the eagles but luck was not with me that day, despite many others catching photos of them.  

We did see other birds so it was a good day!

Blue herons were seen in various areas.

There were a multitude of swans there.
Here are a few views.
We also saw a few deer!
We were excited to come across a bittern. They blend into the scene so well.
I was very excited to spot the rough-legged hawk.
That's what the ranger told me it was.
It was relaxing in the field and then took flight. I kept snapping away!
We saw several snowy egrets, which are white herons.
Half of the time the sun was backlighting the birds so photographing them was more difficult.
For the new camera I do not have a UV filter yet. That would help a lot.
Enjoy the photos.

8 comments:

  1. You are so talented Rose!!! These are Stunning . Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a lot of great photos, Rose. Looks like it was a fun day for you and Randy. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THE 3RD SHOT OF THE BLUE HERON. SO COOL TO SEE SWANS! GREAT SHOTS, ROSE. DEANNA

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shots of the hawk are just great. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way for me to "escape" to the great outdoors from my armchair. Lovely photos. Thanks for sharing. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy your blog and photos and poems and stories so much. Keep the posts coming. Love seeing these places through your eyes. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rose, please forgive me for going off topic for a moment. Could you please let me know if Roxanna Matthews is still alive and well? And perhaps if she plans on writing anything more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to reply but it would not go anywhere. Yes, she is but she has not been writing much. Do you know us??

      Delete