Sunday, February 27, 2022

MY MOTHER ROSE MARIE GUENTHER

 My mother left this world February 24th 2022, 88 years old.
She was my rock, always there for me, always loving and caring.
I hold so many memories of her within my heart.
Here are 2 poems I wrote to honor her.
MAMA

I gave my love a cherry that had no stone,

I gave my love a chicken that has no bone,

I gave my love a story that has no end,

I gave my love a baby with no cryin’.

 

I can remember you at the side of my bed

singing the Riddle Song as I drifted to sleep.

I would close my eyes and listen to your voice

feeling protected and comforted and loved.

 

Growing up, I felt like I didn’t quite fit in,

but you made me feel unique and clever.

You would lift my spirits when they sank,

make me feel different in a good way.

 

When I was teased and demeaned, you

would sooth me, say they were jealous.

I didn’t quite understand what they’d

be jealous about, but I felt soothed by it.

 

Mama, you always created a feeling of love,

always made me feel protected and safe.

I saw your sacrifices so we, your children,

had what we needed to grow and thrive.

 

I felt so proud when you would ooh and ahh

over each item I produced for you with love;

hand-drawn cards, poetry, bead necklaces.

You would act as though I’d given you gold.

 

Mama, I want to thank you for boundless love,

for always encouraging my uniqueness,

for being my champion in difficult times,

for seeing the worth of me. I love you.

MOTHERS VOICE

Mothers voice lapped like gentle waves

against my ears as I closed my eyes

and listened to her calmly read

bedtime stories that helped me escape.

 

I floated through lovely landscapes

as mama guided me as she read,

my imagination leading me

down a peaceful path,

alongside a whispering stream

where butterflies pirouetted

on a rainbow of wildflowers.

 

The world of reality was forgotten

and mama helped me drift into dreams,

float on her words, ease into slumber.

I could sleep, unafraid of demons

and things that go bump

in the night.

LOTS OF PHOTOS OF MOM AND FAMILY, PROBABLY TOO MANY.

Rose Marie (Long) Guenther Hodgerson

Born Dec. 18, 1933 in Missouri
MOM AND HER BROTHER
MOM AND DAD AND ME
MOM AND DAD
MOM AND ME
MOM AND DAD
Mom and dad with Kids, left to right:
Rex, Rose, Treasa, Jim
Mom, Rex, Jim and Treasa
Mom, Rose and Treasa


Mom and Vanessa, granddaughter
mom and dad and children l to r: Rose, Jim. Treasa, Rex
Mom and grandson Brian
Mom and Heather
Mom, Rose and Clay
mom and Rex
Mom and Treasa
Crystal, mom and Heather
Family 2018
Eva (Evangeline) mom and Nate
mom and family 2018
Jim, mom, and Rex 2018
Kellie, Kassidy, Mom Rex, Olivia 2018
Good bye mom!

41 comments:

  1. Nice pictures, Rose. You can tell your parents truly loved each other.
    Moma

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have had a mother like that. But losing her must be so hard. A wonderful remembrance, Rose.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures and precious memories ❤️🙏 Jean Gonzales

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poems Rose. God's Peace and blessings.

    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tribute, dear Rose...So Sorry. Paulann Petersen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it. Awesome, you did good Rose 💕👍Carrol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your loving memories of your precious mother in word & photos. God be with you during this time of sorrow. Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Mom was right Rose - you are so talented! My thoughts and prayers are with you and all your family.
    MF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the memories, we will miss you.

    Lyle and Carole

    ReplyDelete
  10. My condolences for your recent loss, Rose.  From your writing, I can tell that your mother was a good person.  The photos are wonderful!  ~ Kelly W

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry for your loss, Rose. Such a lovely tribute and beautiful family photos. Sending prayers to you and your family at this difficult time. x K

    ReplyDelete
  12. She will be sorely missed, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such warmth and love in all these photos! Thank you for sharing Rose. While I did not have the honor for knowing your mom, I do know that she raised a truly sweet and caring daughter. Take care dear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you, and I'm hoping you were able to see her recently or be with her. To lose one''s mother is so, so hard. Her love will be with you forever.
    Linda A

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aunt Rose I’m sorry to her this, your mother was a blessing and a beautiful soul!!RIP🙏🙏🙏 I love you aunt Rose Hodgerson Lefebvre! Call me if you wanna talk? You and I both know a lot about loss. JASON

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry about your news.   Love,   Betty Jean Barker

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rose, what beautiful poems about your lovely mom- you were fortunate to have her, and she lucky to have you as her daughter. Great pix too- your parents seemed like cuddle bugs! John R-H

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for letting us know. We are sad to hear this news. Sue L

    ReplyDelete
  19. What special pictures attached to loving memories you have Rose. So sorry for your loss. My mom died at 88 years old in 2020. I miss her so much. I was happy to have had that time with her. Nice tribute to your sweet mom. May she RIP. Prayers for you sweet friend for comfort. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful tribute for your beloved mother, Rose. May your grief be gentle with you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rose, I am so sorry to hear about your mother's death.  Life is never the same afterward. But what a lovely and moving tribute you made for her. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  22. What good memories!
    So sorry for your loss now.
    May all be well with you.
    Mary Jean Rivera

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Rose,


    I am so sorry to hear of your mother’s passing. I know this is such a difficult time with so many emotions for you.


    I remember meeting both your parents and know how much you loved them. 


    We are sending lots of love and embraces during this time and always.


    With lots of love,
    Jen and Chan

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry about your loss Rose 🥀 Dennis W

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh dearest friend Rose, I am SO SO sorry to hear this news. I know how much you loved your mom (your dad and your brother). I am here for you. Please know that I am praying for you. Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wishing you the best of grief. The pictures show a mom who clearly enjoyed many seasons of love and joy. What a smile, what a role model!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! what a loving montage of your mother. May you have healing and the good memories carry you through.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  28. Remembrance so lovely. I’ve been going through family photos myself. Lots of memories. RIP. MARY LOU R

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, Rose, I'm sorry. You've lost so many family members over the past year. I will keep you in my thoughts. What a beautiful photo of your mom. I love that sweet little hint of a smile. Casey

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Rose, such a sweet tribute to your lovely, loving mother. Bless you. Sharon B

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a lovely soul who had and raised a lovely daughter. JJ

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, what a great tribute to your mother! Those of us who were raised by a kind and loving mother are fortunate indeed. Pat L

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful pics and lovely poems. Nice tribute to your sweet mom. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am sorry Rose, I hope you will be at peace with your mum's parting, you made a beautiful tribute for her. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  35. I’m so sorry Rose . I had not been on messenger since getting back from vacation . I know she is in a better place. Galen

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is a wonderful tribute to your darling Mamma, Rose. My heart goes out to you as you say goodbye. Hold close your memories of her and smile. She sounds like a very special person. Take care and stay safe Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Rose. So sorry to hear about your mom. And your blog was beautiful. One can only be so loved and appreciated to have such a memorial. Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  38. Rose, I am so sorry for your loss. I am just reading this. This post is so beautiful and I enjoyed looking at every picture and learning more about your mother, Rose Marie. My thoughts are with as you journey through this grief. ❤️❤️❤️ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  39. Loss of a dear loved one is difficult. Hold on to the memories and let them bring you smiles. Your mother left a beautiful legacy in you. Your sweet kindness always shines. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lovely old photographs.... especially the B&W ones.

    ReplyDelete